Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Welcome to Pacific Tech's "Smart People on Ice".

Smart People on Ice was created for the express purpose of fulfilling two experimental ideas that I've been kicking around:

1. Keeping a 3 line daily journal.
My friend, coworker, and partner-in-crime keeps a small journal in her tiny handbag. In it she writes what she buys, who she calls, where she ate etc. It is fascinating to watch her look back and tell me that we ate Indian buffet three years ago today.
From the Back Nine also has periodic segments where the author relates what her mother wrote in her 3 line daily journal. I find the brevity charming.

2. Keeping a book journal.
I want to know what I've watched and what I've read. I will continue my book reviews as usual on Seattle Umbrella Conspiracy, but perhaps more general thoughts will make themselves evident when there is less emphasis on structure or readability.

I have a six month goal for this project, so let's see what happens.

No comments: