Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 39

Sean and I battled snow to pick Kim up and together we went to the Asian shopping center in Richmond. I was able to get yummy snacks that I haven't had since I left Tokyo, visited the two story Daiso, and ate delicious Beard Papa Cream Puffs.

We drove back down and the trip was pleasant with such good company (in spite of the incredulous border agent). When Sean and I arrived at the family homestead we found that cousin Laurie was in town. We had dinner and a fresh fruit tart. (Yay!)

I went home and unpacked while watching Mansfield Park on Masterpiece Theater (which makes me really miss Alistair Cook, Vincent Price & Diana Rigg).

I finished Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant and it was a really good. I recommend it.

I started Alan Lightman's Ghost this weekend and it is continuing to be interesting, though it is a little melancholy. Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant was melancholy too.

Today was exceptional.

No comments: