Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 89

Dropped by the grocery store and the library.

Went to the Stube with Chris to find it incredibly crowded with rowdy young'ns. Had a lively discussion about religion. Forgive me for blogging this, but (1) Chris is totally bitter about religion in a way that I can't understand, I guess because I wasn't raised Catholic and (2) for having gone to parochial school he does not seem to know much about religious debate. I've always felt that evangelical atheists and evangelical Christians feed each other through hilariously improbable demands of evidence and declarations of foolish mutual exclusivity.

I'm still reading The Meaning of Night, but also started The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Age 13 3/4. It is quite cute.

Spoke with Mom, Steve, Burke, and Jim.

No comments: