Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 53

Got up early to pick up a few things for Bonnie's wedding, most notably her dress.

Met up with Bonnie, Dani, Janette, and Tawni and we worked on each other's hair. Jeff showed up and we loaded all of the beverages into Bonnie's truck and headed for the chapel.

At the chapel we all worked hard setting up the reception hall and before you knew it it was time for us to have the ceremony.

It went pretty well and Bonnie was much more zen than I feared I would be due to the various complications. At one point they thought that they had lost a grand in traveler's checks... but found them later. Bonnie and Jeff had some choice relatives that were quite exhausting as well, but maybe they are well practiced at putting up with them?

I had a great time and got to know some really cool people. There is something about a do-it-yourself wedding that brings the people who care about the bride and groom together. In particular Niki, Jess, and Taylor turned out to be really cool. As per usual I gave my phone number to some dude at the wedding that I am not interested in, which I fear is becoming a wedding tradition.

Spoke with Steve and grandma today.

Today was exhausting and my sore throat was terrible, but overall today was really good.

No comments: