Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 61

Theo woke me at 6 am. I puttered around until 8 am and was able to make a vet appointment for 2:30.

Finished Flood Summer. I highly recommend reading it. Read more of The Man Who Smiled.

Met Monica for lunch at Chanterelle in downtown Edmonds and walked through the little shops.

Took Theo to the vet where he got cortisone shots and even more pain killer in addition to muscle relaxers.

Theo was too stoned to know when to get up to pee and refused to or couldn't walk without being picked up and put on his feet.

Steve came over and we watched junk TV while he graded and I dozed. Went to Herfy's for take out and I made cinnamon rolls.

Went to bed very early, but snuck in some reading time for The World Without Us, Alan Weisman's vaguely preachy book about nature reclaiming the Earth after the demise of humans. I kind of dislike the tone of the book. I feel like it is anti-people rather than pro-nature.
I am a person constantly in awe of complexity of human creations. I also love nature and the wonder of its design. For me seeing the complexity of human creations is a reflection of the complexity of God's creations. I just think that the works of man are fantastic and worthy of my awe as well.

Spoke with Grandma, Lynn, & Cynthia.

Today was exhausting.

No comments: