Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 219

Got up early and snuck down to Winthrop for breakfast with my Uncle and Grandpa. Delicious. Picked up fresh baked cinnamon rolls for the others.

Loaded up the car and traveled to Republic to dig for nifty fossils. It was very hot, but we all found at least one good fossil. I found two different kinds of leaves.

Set out for Grand Forks, BC. At the border the guards seized from my grandparents:

Tomatoes

Lettuce

Peaches

1 50 pound (?) bag of dog food

2 garbage bags of dog food

Some beef.

I know I shouldn’t laugh, but my grandmother’s righteous indignation= hilarious.

Set up camp and headed to the hotel to enjoy their “world famous borscht”. I have no idea why this was famous. Perhaps famous for being bland. I also had some so-so perogies.

Started What is the What by Dave Eggers which is very very good.

No comments: