Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 223

Drove out to Gem Mountain to pan for sapphires. It was really fun. With Sturgis being so close there were quite a few bikers and I of course got to chatting with a couple. They told me about where all the good rock hunts are.

I found a good number of sapphires including a rare red sapphire and a somewhat sizable cuttable flawless sapphire.

Afterwards we loaded up and headed to Phillipsburg to have lunch at an old fashioned soda fountain where I tried a cherry phosphate, which was sour and delicious, and a so-so pasty.

We took a stroll around town and I bought some candy at the Candy Palace. Grandma bought some antiques. Then we got some ice cream. I got “Moose Moss” which was mint with a fudge ribbon and mint chocolate cups. Phillipsburg was adorable. If I had to live in BFE nowhere that would be a nice little place.

Played some games and read more I Capture the Castle.

No comments: